As one of the most vital components of your home, your HVAC system should undergo preventative and monthly maintenance. Without regularly scheduled maintenance, your HVAC system can create a number of issues ranging from minor inconveniences to affecting the safety, health, and comfort of your family. The colder temperatures will be arriving soon and making sure your HVAC system is in working order beforehand should be made a top priority. Keep your heating and cooling system running smoothly all fall and winter long with this checklist!
Preventive HVAC Maintenance
As a homeowner, there are many tips and tasks you can do to prevent any wintery disasters. Try using these preventative tips to keep your HVAC system running a continuous, uninterrupted, and efficient service when you need it the most.
- Schedule maintenance appointments in early fall, before the winter season
- Clean or replace filters
- Check for any unusual odors when your system starts
- Check for leaks in the ductwork
- Make sure no abnormal noises are coming from your system when it starts
- Examine your control box wiring and connections
Monthly HVAC Maintenance
Regular maintenance should be kept up along with monthly maintenance. With the upkeep of year-long maintenance, your system can avoid costly, mid-season repairs. These tasks can help ensure your system is running efficiently year-round.
- Make sure the area around the unit is clear
- Have monthly inspections of the return air filter every month and replace as needed
- Call and report any unusual noises you hear coming from your system
- Make sure your compressor is free of debris to maintain proper airflow
Contact Lowery today for all of your service, maintenance, and repair needs!