A study by Louisiana State University determined that airflow can be reduced by more than 30% without proper air filtration and capacity reduced by more than 12% over time.
IS YOUR HVAC EFFICIENT?
In an EPA study of systems with a 19 SEER Rating and under, 74% had the incorrect refrigerant charge at installation, and 70% had the incorrect airflow.
If the filter is not cleaned or maintained for 18 months, it can cost up to 27% more on your utility bill.
According to the Florida Solar Energy Center, researchers found that repairing leaking ductwork could reduce your cooling energy by an average of 17.4%.
- Clean and adjust burner assembly
- Clean ignition assembly
- Inspect heat exchanger
- Carbon monoxide test (as needed)
- Adjust gas pressures (as needed)
- Monitor starting capabilities
- Calibrate thermostat
- Test safety controls
- Replace or clean 1”-2” filters only
- Measure volts/amps on motors
- Lubricate moving parts
- Measure for correct airflow
- Tighten electrical connections
- Clean condenser coil
- Measure temperature difference